Sometimes, even the big companies can create a flop, which is why all Google+ Accounts are closing in April 2019.
In December 2018 Google announced the decision to shut down the Google+ platform due to low usage from members. This means that from the April 2, 2019 all content and accounts will be deleted.
But what does this mean for you?
Most people won’t be too affected by this shut down, however if you or your business have used G+ you could lose:
- Photos, videos and other content
- Comments on your website
- Your current login methods on some sites
What do I need to do about my Google+ Account Closing in April 2019?
Any content you want to save, such as photos and videos, you will need to download and save (click here for instructions).
If you’ve used Google+ for comments on your website, this feature will be removed. However, if you are a community owner or moderator you will be able to download additional data, for all posts, including the author, body and photos posted.
Signing in to accounts might be different – if you’ve using the Google+ sign in button you will no longer be able to use this. It will instead be replaced by a google account sign in button.
Google+ for G Suite accounts will remain active. Google are also planning updates for this feature for all G Suite Customers.
Key Dates – Google+ Accounts Closing in April 2019
If you have been using Google+, here’s the timeline of key dates ahead of the closure:
- 4 February: No Longer able to create Google+ profiles, pages, communities or events
- 4 February: Google+ Commenting feature will be removed from Blogger
- 7 March: Google + commenting feature will be removed from other sites
- Early March: additional date will be available for download by community owners or moderators
- 2 April: Comments on all sites will start being deleted
- 2 April: Accounts will be shut down and google will begin deleting content
Brisbane Hosting & Website Hosting’s products and services include Website Hosting, Domain Names, DNS Services, Website Development, Website Design, Website Revamps, Website Maintenance, Lead Generation Packages and Blogging, Social Media Campaigns and more.